COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
B. Nektar offers competitive wages that will be determined by experience. We are also a gratuity-free establishment (no tips) and offer a living wage along with health/vision insurance; dental insurance; paid time off; a killer work environment; and there’s mead! Complete details are outlined in the B. Nektar Taproom Employee Handbook.
JOB OVERVIEW AND OPPORTUNITIES
This dynamic position will supervise all areas of the B. Nektar taproom as well as working closely with marketing, events, and production staff. The chosen applicant will work on the upkeep of the taproom, tend the bar, and make retail sales during open taproom hours. Success in this position will be founded in the attention to the customer experience when visiting B. Nektar. Patrons should be educated on craft beverages, our brewing/making process, the unique location and growth of our brand. Candidate must be a self-motivated individual, who executes on a high level and is capable of collaborating with multiple work groups and successfully multitasking.
The Bar Manager will also supervise staff working in the tap room, manage and coordinate inventory with brewery production workers, execute a variety of events throughout the year, and assist in the strategic planning and budgeting for the tap room. Particular focus will be on ordering/rotating inventory correctly and on completing a thorough month end inventory.
The ideal candidate loves the craft industry (brewing experience is a bonus but not required), is extremely organized and detail oriented, and is responsible as well as hard working. The position will be full time with required hours on nights and weekends and some holidays.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- TIPS certified
- Training and managing taproom staff
- A strong desire to collaboratively lead the direction of the taproom experience while staying up to date on Market and Industry trends and opportunities.
- Maintain a clean, friendly and welcoming environment for all guests at all times.
- Communicating product and merchandise needs for inventory
- Completing weekly and monthly inventory tasks
- Conducting fun and energetic tours of the brewery
- Managing the coordination for all special events hosted in the taproom while keeping a calendar of booked events.
- Creation and execution of Standard Operating Procedures for reordering needs and inventory stock levels
- Sensory Panel Participant
- Daily Quality Control metrics to ensure optimal customer experience for all B. Nektar guests
- Engaging customers, making sales and answering questions
- Other duties as assigned
- Proactive management of taproom improvements
- Ability to move kegs and cases
DESIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Previous brewery experience required
- Hospitality experience is a plus
- Retail experience strongly preferred- both back and front of house experience
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent work experience
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Knowledge of and interest in the craft beer industry
- Proven success in a retail environment
- Ability to interact professionally and effectively with employees and the general public.
- Experience in a fast-paced work environment and the ability to multitask. The ability to think on your feet and adapt, flexibility is key.
- Strict attention to detail.
- Advanced computer literacy- Google mail, Google Drive, POS systems, square, etc.
- Events planning and coordination experience
- Time management and schedule management