Mead Maker / Packaging / Cellar (full time)
B. Nektar is currently seeking a hard working, self-motivated person, with a positive attitude and a love for mead, cider, and all other craft beverages to join our team. If you enjoy fast paced, technical working environments with a focus on quality and efficiency, you might be a perfect fit.
Packaging and Cellar operations is the main focus of this position, which includes lots of cleaning, sanitizing, kegging, bottling and quality control procedures. B. Nektar offers a challenging, yet fun place to work for people with a strong work-ethic who also love craft beverages.
Candidates must be efficiency and safety-minded and be willing to follow protocols in the production areas. Applicants must posses the following traits / skills:
- Brewing or winemaking education and/or work experience
- Be a team player while taking the initiative when needed.
- Mechanical inclination is a must in this technical environment.
- Have an understanding of, and be able to maintain, sanitary working conditions.
Ability to focus on directions given and to learn quickly.
Possess a willingness to take on new responsibilities based on abilities / needs.
Capable of operating equipment such as pallet jacks.
Must be able to lift heavy objects repeatedly.
Punctual, organized, tidy
Certification on forklifts or commercial vehicles.
Education in chemistry or biology.
Experience in the operation of manufacturing machinery / troubleshooting
In addition to competitive pay, B. Nektar offers an excellent benefits package:
- paid holidays
- vacation time
- sick days
- bereavement leave
- maternity/paternity leave
- medical / dental insurance
- credit towards beverages in the taproom.