Part Time Taproom Staff / Server
This position is responsible for ensuring that customers have a positive and memorable experience at B. Nektar. The candidate must have a passion for Craft Beer and for learning the details of the meads, ciders, and beers we produce and our general business operations.
Greeting customers promptly and courteously; guiding customers to beverages they enjoy; setting up and cleaning up daily operations; stocking mead, cider, beer, and retail merchandise in the tasting room.
Promotes the sale of products sold in the Taproom.
Describes B. Nektar products, brand history and provides general tourist information.
TIPS certification or some equivalent
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Excellent people skills; able to project a friendly and helpful manner at all times
- Able to perform quality work efficiently with minimal supervision
- Able to be responsive and flexible at last-minute requests
- Greets all visitors to the Taproom and provides table service.
- Effectively suggests and sells products to customers
- Answers visitor’s questions and able to provide general information
- Handles routine purchasing transactions, which include operating cash register
- Acquires and maintains thorough knowledge of the company and our products
- Work in a team environment and open to performing other duties as assigned
- This position reports directly to the Taproom Manager
- May be assigned other tasks
- Able to work a flexible schedule
- High school diploma or equivalent and/or qualified experience required
- Retail experience a plus
- Able to lift up to 40 pounds
- Must be able to stand, walk, lift and bend for up to 8 hours a day
- Weekends, some holidays, and evenings required (Thurs/Fri-4p-10p;Sat-2p-10p;Sun- 2p-8p)
Compensation and Benefits
- B. Nektar is a non-gratuity establishment and offers competitive living wages that will be determined by experience.