Production Staff (Cellar & Packaging)
B. Nektar is currently seeking a hard working, self-motivated person, with a positive attitude and a love for mead, cider, and all other craft beverages to join our team. If you enjoy fast paced, technical working environments with a focus on quality and efficiency, you might be a perfect fit.
Packaging and Cellar operations is the main focus of this position, which includes lots of cleaning, sanitizing, kegging, bottling and quality control procedures. B. Nektar offers a challenging, yet fun place to work for people with a strong work-ethic who also love craft beverages.
Candidates must be efficiency and safety-minded and be willing to follow protocols in the production areas. Commercial beer, cider, mead or winemaking work experience is REQUIRED. This is not an entry-level job.
We are seeking people with the following experience:
- hands-on operation and troubleshooting of packaging machinery
- CIP (automated or manual)
- keg washing/sanitizing/filling
- filtration (crossflow, lenticular, plate & frame, or other)
- centrifuge (preferred)
- fermentation management
- racking and transferring
Applicants must posses the following traits / skills:
- Be a team player while taking the initiative when needed.
- Mechanical inclination is a must in this technical environment.
- Have an understanding of, and be able to maintain, sanitary working conditions
Ability to focus on directions given and to learn quickly.
Possess a willingness to take on new responsibilities based on abilities / needs.
Capable of operating equipment such as pallet jacks
Must be able to lift heavy objects repeatedly
Punctual, organized, tidy
Computer savvy (we use a number of computer applications and tools to track batches and record ingredients used)
Formal brewing/fermentation education/degree
- Awards for your recipes (homebrewing or commercial)
- BJCP, Cicerone, Sommelier Certification
Certification on forklifts or commercial vehicles.
Education in chemistry or biology.
Experience in the design/building/repair/troubleshooting of machinery used in commercial beverage manufacturing
In addition to competitive pay, B. Nektar offers an excellent benefits package:
- paid holidays
- vacation time
- sick days
- bereavement leave
- maternity/paternity leave
- medical / dental insurance
- credit towards beverages in the taproom.