Full Time - Barrel Wrangler, Packaging and Cellar Tech
B. Nektar is one of the worlds most respected and largest meaderies. But we also do cider and our beer production is also about to grow.
We are seeking a hard working, self-motivated person, with a positive attitude and a love for mead, cider, beer and all other craft beverages to join our team. If you enjoy fast paced, technical and creative working environments, you might be the perfect fit.
Packaging and Cellar operations is the main focus of this position, which includes lots of cleaning, sanitizing, kegging, bottling, canning and quality control procedures.
We are open to those with and without experience. We’re okay with training if you’re the right person. We all come from diverse backgrounds ourselves.
The job includes the following duties.
- Cleaning and sanitizing tanks, hoses, pumps and packaging equipment. Both CIP and manually.
- Carbonation of products before packaging. Hitting and keeping CO2 levels at product standard levels.
- Setting up for and filling kegs, washing/sanitizing kegs. Maintaining and repairing kegs as needed.
- Setting up for canning and bottling days. Getting the equipment prepared, cleaned, sanitized, and performing routine maintenance.
- Packaging days
- Keeping records/logs in our online batch sheets.
- Keeping things running smoothly in the barrel cellar. Filling and emptying barrels. Topping up. Rinsing, sanitizing, repairing, re-hydrating barrels. Stacking/Rolling. So much fun!
- Assist in other Cellar/Production tasks as needed such as fruit/honey/etc. additions, filtration, brewing, transfers, fermentation, and more.
Our ideal team-mate…
- can learn quickly and doesn’t pretend to know everything.
- is comfortable ascending/descending stairs and ladders
- has the ability to stoop, kneel, crawl, climb, and work in tight places
- can stand and walk for long periods of time
- can safely operate a forklift, pallet jack and other industrial equipment
- is a team player and does what they can to help out their co-workers
- able to maintain clean and sanitary working conditions.
- Must be able to lift heavy objects repeatedly. Some days we’re doing it all day.
- Be punctual; organized.
- Not a total computer noob (we use a number of computer applications and tools to track batches and record ingredients used)
- Able to troubleshooting and repair various machinery
Formal brewing/fermentation education/degree
- Awards for your recipes (homebrewing or commercial)
- BJCP, Cicerone, Sommelier Certification
Certification on forklifts or commercial vehicles.
Education in chemistry or biology.
In addition to competitive pay, B. Nektar offers an excellent benefits package:
- paid holidays
- vacation time
- sick days
- bereavement leave
- maternity/paternity leave
- medical / dental insurance
- credit towards beverages in the taproom.